Roc Oil Updates Project Status
Cliff Head Oil Field Development Milestone (ROC: 37.5% & Operator)
Another significant Cliff Head Development project milestone has been achieved with the Ensco 67 jackup lifting the 498 ton topside deck onto the jacket.
The Arrowsmith Processing Plant is 92% mechanically complete and commissioning has begun. First oil is expected at end-March 2006.
The new $6.4 million BP Crude Oil Unloading Facility at Kwinana has been completed and officially opened by the Western Australian Minister for Resources, The Honorable John Bowler, MLA. The Facility was purpose-built to handle the increase in oil deliveries when the Cliff Head Oil Field comes on stream. All oil production from the field is being sold to BP at its Kwinana refinery.
Exploration Drilling, Offshore Western Australia
The Jacala-1 exploration well in WA-351-P (ROC: 20.0%), offshore Carnarvon Basin is now scheduled to commence drilling in mid-March 2006, due to prolonged operations at its current location.
On completion of development drilling operations at the Cliff Head Oil Field, the Ensco 67 rig will drill at least two exploration wells, in the offshore Perth Basin: Frankland-1 in WA-286-P (ROC: 37.5%) and Moondah-1 in TP/15 (ROC: 20.0%). Both the WA-286-P and TP/15 Joint Ventures are actively considering drilling wells additional to the planned exploration program.
China Drilling Rig Contract Executed (ROC: 40% and Operator)
ROC has executed a contract with China Oilfield Services Limited ("COSL") securing the COSL 931 jack-up drilling rig which will be used to drill the Wei 6-12 South exploration well in Block 22/12 in the Beibu Gulf. Drilling is expected to commence in April 2006.
North Sea Field Developments
Development drilling at the Blane Oil Field (ROC: 12.5%) is now expected to commence in late April 2006, four weeks later than the most recent previous estimate. For internal planning purposes, ROC is now anticipating first oil from Blane in 1Q 2007. First oil from the Enoch Oil and Gas Field (ROC: 12.0%) is still expected during 4Q 2006.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Roc Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)