Chinguetti Project Produces First Oil
Production has begun from the Woodside-operated Chinguetti oil project in Mauritania, West Africa.
The hook-up, testing and commissioning of the floating production storage and offloading facility, Berge Helene – about 90km south-west of the capital Nouakchott – has been completed and over the coming weeks production is expected to increase steadily. The project has a maximum production rate of about 75,000 barrels per day.
Chinguetti, which is operated by Woodside Mauritania Pty. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Woodside Petroleum Ltd., is within the Chinguetti Exploitation Perimeter in Production Sharing Contract Area B.
The development involved capital expenditure of about US$720 million and comprises six production wells, five wells for water re-injection and one for gas re-injection.
The field, which has estimated reserves of about 120 million barrels, was discovered in 2001.
Berge Helene is a 275,000-tonne vessel moored in about 800 meters of water. The vessel has a storage capacity of 1.6 million barrels.
Participating interests in the Chinguetti Joint Venture are:
Woodside group companies (Operator) 47.38448%
Hardman group companies 19.00800%
Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures [formerly GPC] 12.00000%
BG group companies 10.23440%
Premier group companies 8.12328%
Roc Oil group companies 3.24984%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Roc Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)