Aker Kvaerner to Provide Umbilicals for Blind Faith
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract by Chevron, with partner Kerr McGee, to deliver an advanced dynamic umbilical, including engineering and project management, for the Blind Faith deep water development in the Gulf of Mexico. This follows the earlier award of contracts to Aker Kvaerner for the supply of the semisubmersible hull and mooring system and activities related to transportation and installation of the Blind Faith platform.
Aker Kvaerner Subsea will supply a 9500 meter dynamic steel tube umbilical, including all surface and subsea terminations to be installed in 2100 meters water depth.
"Aker Kvaerner has been involved with Blind Faith, a key asset in Chevron's deepwater portfolio, since the concept phase - this affords us valuable synergies as we deliver the umbilical technology," says Raymond Carlsen, executive vice president, Aker Kvaerner Subsea.
The engineering and manufacturing of the umbilical will be done in Mobile, USA, for delivery in January 2007. Aker Kvaerner's Deepwater business unit will perform detailed dynamic analysis of the umbilicals.
Blind Faith is located approximately 260 kilometers southeast of New Orleans, on Mississippi Canyon blocks 695 and 696. Chevron holds a 62.5 percent working interest in the field, while Kerr-McGee Corp. holds the remaining 37.5 percent interest.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Kerr-McGee Corp. more info
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)