Bayou City Successfully Tests Production on First Louisiana Well
Bayou City Exploration reported the successful production test results on its first well (Hilda Henry #1) in Jefferson Davis Parish, LA. Bayou City plans to drill a second well there in the second quarter of 2006.
Hilda Henry #1 reached a total depth of 3,850 feet and has been production tested. The well flowed no water or sand and tested natural gas at the rate of 356 MCF/D*, at a flowing tubing pressure of 1525 PSI on an 8/64" choke. The various pipelines and taps in the area are currently under evaluation to determine which will be used for this production.
Bayou City Exploration and its partners (Petro Resources Incorporated, Falcon Natural Gas Corp. and Fairfield Energy Ventures) plan to drill a second Jefferson Davis Parish well at the start of the second quarter. They will drill to a measured depth of 7,790 feet to test the Amph B through Siph d formations. Several additional prospects are currently under review in Jefferson Davis and Calcasieu Parishes.
Bayou City Exploration, Inc. is an oil and gas exploration
firm focused in
proven geologic trends in East Texas, the Gulf Coast of
Louisiana. Based in Houston, TX, Bayou City leverages its
long experience and multidisciplinary expertise in applying
seismic analysis, 3-D processing algorithms, amplitude attribute
imaging technologies to reduce the drilling risks by identifying
presence of economic hydrocarbons. The Company's database
has more than
7,200 square miles of 3-D data, most of it covering Bayou
area, as well as 13,000 miles of 2-D data.
- Falcon Reports First Gas from Garrett 1-27 (Dec 27)
- Falcon Natural Gas Completes Pecan Station North Prospect (Jun 07)
- Falcon Natural Gas Completes First Well on Norman Prospect (May 19)
Company: Petro Resources more info
- Petro Resources Changes Name to Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. (Jul 14)
- Petro Resources Underscores Changes to Management (May 27)
- Petro Resources Happy with First 4 Wells at Surprise Prospect (Mar 02)
Company: Bayou City Exploration more info
- Bayou City Names Interim Chief, Announces Houston Office Closure (Apr 05)
- Bayou City Completes Acquisition in McCampbell (Jan 19)
- Petro Resources Issues Ops Update (Dec 28)