HSR Waiting Period Expires in ConocoPhillips' Acquisition of Burlington
ConocoPhillips and Burlington Resources report the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, applicable to ConocoPhillips' proposed acquisition of Burlington Resources.
Completion of the transaction is subject to approval by Burlington Resources shareholders and other customary closing conditions, and is expected to occur in the first half of 2006.
ConocoPhillips is an integrated petroleum company with interests around the world.
Burlington Resources ranks among the world's largest independent
oil and gas companies, and holds one of the industry's leading
positions in North American natural gas reserves and production.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the company conducts exploration,
production and development operations in the U.S., Canada, the United
Kingdom, Africa, China and South America.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Burlington Resources more info
- Repsol Finds Gas in Peru's Block 57 (Jan 14)
- Burlington Signs E&P Contracts for Blocks 123, 124 (Oct 02)
- ConocoPhillips Reports Q2 Net Income of $5.2 Billion (Jul 26)