Latemore 2 Flows 2.5 MMcfd
Sunshine Gas reports that the Latemore 2 appraisal well in PL 5 Surat Basin Queensland, is currently at a depth of approximately 1,345m and has successfully conducted a drill stem test (DST 2) in the primary target (Rewan Formation). DST 2 recorded a gas flow rate of 2.5 million cubic feet per day (MMcfd) through a separator and a 1/2" choke.
The well will now be drilled to its anticipated total depth of 1,479 meters. Wireline logs will then be acquired.
Previously, DST 1 in the secondary objective Precipice Sandstone recorded a gas flow of 0.29 MMcfd on a 1/4" choke.
The well is being drilled by Santos Limited as Operator of PL 5 and is utilizing Mitchell Drilling Rig 151. It is anticipated that the well will take a total of 13 days to drill, evaluate and case.
Interstate Pipelines Pty Ltd a 100% Sunshine Gas Limited subsidiary holds 15% and Santos as Operator holds 85%.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Sunshine Gas more info
- Lacerta Operations Update (Nov 06)
- Sunshine Reports Gas Flow Milestone at Lacerta (Mar 05)
- Drilling to Begin on Champagne Creek 2A (Sep 19)