Apache Begins Production in Egypt

Apache Corporation has achieved first oil and gas production from the company's Ras Kanayes Development Lease in Egypt's Western Desert at the rate of 2,130 barrels of oil and condensate and 17.8 million cubic feet (MMcf) of gas per day from the Jurassic Khatatba formation.

Apache operates Ras Kanayes as part of its Khalda operations, with a 63.64 percent contractor interest. Kufpec Ltd. holds the remaining 36.36 percent contractor interest. The development lease comprises 77,690 acres in the Matruh Basin, about 230 miles west of Cairo. The prospect was developed from interpretation of 3-D seismic data acquired in 1999.

"Ras Kanayes brings to 11 the number of producing concessions Apache has in Egypt," said Rodney Eichler, regional vice president for Egypt. "Gross production from these concessions now stands at 200 MMcf of gas and 75,500 barrels of liquid hydrocarbons per day."


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours