CNOOC Inks Deal for Block S in Equatorial Guinea
CNOOC's subsidiary, CNOOC Africa Limited has singed a production sharing contract (PSC) for block S with the Ministry of Mines, Industry and Energy, and The National Oil Company of Equatorial Guinea ("GEPetrol").
Block S covers a total area of approximately 2,287 square kilometers in the south offshore Equatorial Guinea. Water depth of the block ranges from 30 to 1500 meters.
The exploration period of the contract is 5 years and CNOOC Ltd. acts as the technical operator. Under the terms of the contract, the company is committed to conduct seismic data interpretation and drilling exploration wells.
Mr. Zhu Mingcai, Vice President of the Company and General Manager of the
International department commented, "The signing of the PSC for block S in
the Republic of Equatorial Guinea is another progress in CNOOC's overseas
expansion. I believe in the favorable geological conditions of the block and
look forward to making breakthrough for the benefits of both parties in the
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: GEPetrol more info
- Gazprom Neft, GEPetrol Ink Cooperation Agreement (Jun 07)
- Noble Gets Go-Ahead for Aseng Oil Project in Equatorial Guinea (Jul 22)
- Equatorial Guinea's National Oil Co Inks PSC for Offshore Block EG-07 (Jul 22)