DNV to Verify Kashagan's Unique Construction
DNV is to classify the main structural elements of the central platform on the unique Kashagan field in the Caspian Sea.
Aker Kvaerner is building the seven barge-shaped structural elements that form the production facilities for one of the world's largest discoveries over the past few decades.
DNV is evaluating the safety aspects and ensuring their production facilities' compliance with the company's class rules.
In addition DNV is classing an untraditional design for an ice-breaking emergency evacuation vessel to be used at the field.
The field is located in shallow water where ice will generate challenges for continues operations during the winter season.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Det Norske Veritas (DNV) more info
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)