Beach Petroleum Spuds Middleton-1 Exploration Well
Beach Petroleum has spud the Middleton-1 gas exploration well located within PEL 106, Cooper-Eromanga Basin, South Australia.
Middleton-1 is located approximately 5 kilometers to the northwest of the Raven Gas Field and 6 kilometers southeast of the recent Udacha-1 gas discovery. The well will test the hydrocarbon potential of a faulted anticlinal closure at the Patchawarra level. Secondary potential exists in the Toolachee and Epsilon formations and Tirrawarra Sandstone. Its planned total depth is 2895 meters and the well is expected to take about 20 days to drill and evaluate.
Participants in the Middleton-1 well are Beach Petroleum as operator with 50% and Great Artesian Oil & Gas with 50%.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Great Artesian Oil & Gas more info
- Australian JV Pulls Out of Offshore Exploration Permit EPP27 (Mar 20)
- Drillsearch Kicks Off Drilling at Planet Downs-1 (Feb 23)
- Drillsearch, Red Sky Arrange Stakes in Planet Downs Spud (Feb 18)