Petsec Energy Ltd today announced the spudding of the last well in its current four-well drilling programme at Main Pass 19 and 18.
This will be the first well drilled on the Main Pass 18 block, to the north of Main Pass 19 where Petsec has recently drilled three successful wells.
The wells are being drilled from the Company’s recently installed Main Pass 19 platform – located 128 kilometres (80 miles) south east of New Orleans. The four wells are testing mapped potential of approximately 15 to 18 billion cubic feet equivalent (Bcfe) of gas net to Petsec Energy.
Details of the new well are as follows:
- Well Name: Main Pass 19 G-6
- Spud Date: 11 February 2006
- Water Depth: 12 metres (40 feet)
- Proposed Total Depth: 3,958 metres (12,985 feet) measured depth
- Estimated time to drill: 21 days
- Operator: Petsec Energy Inc.
- Petsec working interest: 100%
- Petsec net revenue interest: 83.33%
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you
need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing
to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports
using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription,