Statoil Signs LOI for Deepsea Bergen
A letter of intent worth about NOK 2.35 billion (US $350 million) for use of the Deepsea Bergen semisub in the Halten-Nordland area of the Norwegian Sea has been signed with Odfjell Drilling by Statoil.
The rig will be used for development drilling and exploration in the areas near the Heidrun, Norne and Asgard fields.
The agreement is valid for three years.
Plans call for Statoil to take over the rig in the second quarter of 2008.
The letter of intent is subject to approval by Statoil's partners in the production licenses for Heidrun, Norne and Asgard.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)