Operations Underway at Mubarek Field
Sky Petroleum reports that operations have commenced at the Mubarek Field on the Mubarek H-2, the first of two infill wells on the field. The well is being drilled from an existing wellhead platform to a sub sea depth of approximately 13,500 feet into the Ilam/Mishrif oil reservoir and as of February 6th the well was at a drill depth of 2,224 ft.
"We are very pleased with the current progress of H-2 as we are on-time and on-budget," said Brent Kinney, chief executive officer at Sky Petroleum, Inc.; "We will be providing additional updates over the next several weeks as operations continue."
Crescent is one of the United Arab Emirates most established and successful, integrated low-cost operators with over 30 years of extensive experience in the region. As operator of the Mubarek Field for over three decades, Crescent brings extensive knowledge of the subsurface conditions of the Mubarek Field. The first commercial oil was produced from the Mubarek Field in the mid 1970's and the field has been in continuous production since then.
- Sky Petroleum Notes Private Placement (Jan 12)
- Sky Petroleum Appoints Interim CEO (Nov 23)
- Sky Petroleum Sets Up Shop in Albania (Feb 02)
Company: Crescent Petroleum more info
- UAE's Dana Gas Says Wins Right to Some Payments from Iraqi Kurdistan (Jul 13)
- Dana, Crescent Celebrate 5 Years Continuous Production in Kurdistan (Oct 08)
- Dana Gas, Crescent to Boost Gas Output in Kurdish Iraq by 50% (Oct 05)