BG Alaska Enters Agreement for Alaska North Slope Exploration
BG Alaska E&P, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BG Group plc has signed a Participation Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum and Petro-Canada (Alaska) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Petro-Canada for a 33.33 percent equity share in 2.1 million acres of land in the Foothills area of the Alaskan North Slope. Each partner now owns a one-third working interest in the acreage and Anadarko will serve as operator.
Alaska's North Slope has estimated discovered reserves in excess of 17 billion barrels of oil and 35 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of gas.
The Participation Agreement became effective from January 26, 2006 and is subject to the relevant approvals of the State of Alaska and the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
Martin Houston, BG executive vice president and managing director, North America, Caribbean and Global LNG, said:
"This agreement builds on our existing North American E&P business
in Canada and creates the potential for increasing BG's natural gas
supply position into the U.S. gas market, which is underpinned by our
LNG importation business. We will manage these assets from our office
in Calgary, leveraging the technical capabilities we have developed
since we commenced our operations there."
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)