Shell & Sonatrach Ink Cooperation Deal
Royal Dutch Shell and Sonatrach, the Algerian national energy company, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding covering multiple business initiatives, both in Algeria and internationally.
Areas of cooperation will include investigating the commercial and technical feasibility for joint developments in Algeria, including upstream development projects, LNG, products and marketing and investigating and evaluating possible asset swap transactions for upstream exploration, development and appraisal projects.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Mohamed Mezaine, PDG Sonatrach and on behalf of Shell by Catherine Tanna, Executive Vice President, Africa at a signing ceremony in Algiers.
Ms. Tanna said: "This agreement confirms Shell's interest in investing in Algeria and the growing relationship between our two companies. In this agreement, Shell sees an important opportunity to build on our current activities and relationships in the country by developing new projects and initiatives jointly with Sonatrach, in Algeria and internationally."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)