Transocean Awarded 15-Rig-Year, Estimated $805 Million Jackup Rig Program
Transocean Inc. announced that Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) of India has awarded contracts for five of the company's jackup rigs totaling 15 rig years and an estimated $805 million in revenues that could be generated over the primary terms of the contract.
The five jackup rigs, Ron Tappmeyer, Randolph Yost, Trident II, Trident XII and J.T. Angel, have each been awarded three-year contracts with revenues of approximately $161 million per unit possible over the period, excluding revenues for mobilization, demobilization, contract preparation, client reimbursables and integrated services. Each rig is expected to commence the new three-year contract in direct continuation of existing contracts and, with respect to the Trident II and J.T. Angel, following planned shipyard programs.
The Ron Tappmeyer, Randolph Yost and Trident XII are presently
under contract to ONGC in India, with contract completion dates
currently expected in November 2006. The Trident II is also operating
offshore India for ONGC, with a current estimated contract completion
date in May 2006, followed by an estimated 120 days of out-of-service
time for maintenance. The J.T. Angel, which is currently operating
offshore Indonesia, is expected to complete an existing contract with
EMP Kangean Ltd. in February 2006, followed by an estimated 100 days
of out-of-service time for maintenance and another contract in
Indonesia, with an estimated duration of six months, which is pending
under a letter of intent.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)