Statoil Inks Deal with FMC for Tyrihans Subsea System
As operator for the Tyrihans field on the Halten Bank in the North Sea, Statoil has signed a letter of intent with FMC Kongsberg for the delivery of subsea systems to Tyrihans.
Worth about NOK 1.5 billion, the agreement covers assistance and maintenance of the facility during installation and operation.
FMC Kongsberg will deliver 13 subsea trees and five template structures with manifolds. The agreement also includes production control systems and umbilicals and workover systems for well interventions.
The Tyrihans oil and gas field will be developed with four subsea structures for production and gas injection and a template for injection of sea water. Water depth in the area is about 300 meters.
The field will be tied back to the Statoil-operated Kristin platform, 35 kilometers away, where the gas and oil will be processed.
Gas from the Asgard B platform will be injected into the Tyrihans reservoir for pressure support. Sea water will also be injected for pressure support and stabilization of the oil zones.
According to the plan for development and operation (PDO), it will cost an estimated NOK 14.5 billion to bring Tyrihans on stream.
Statoil has a 46.8 per cent share in Tyrihans. The other licensees are Total (26.51), Hydro (12), Eni (7.9) and ExxonMobil (6.75).
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)