Santos Says Nyari a Duster
The Nyari 1 exploration well in the Madura Offshore PSC offshore East Java, Indonesia, has been drilled to a total depth of 3693 meters.
The Kujung Formation was intersected, however analysis of wireline logs indicates that the primary objective is water bearing and hydrocarbons are not present.
The well will now be plugged and abandoned and the Sedco 601 drilling rig will move to the Jeruk 3 appraisal well in the Sampang PSC immediately west of the Madura Offshore PSC.
The participants in the Madura Offshore PSC are Santos (Madura Offshore) Pty Ltd. as operator with 67.5%; PC Madura Ltd (Petronas Carigali) with 22.5%; Petrogas Wari Jatim with 10.0%.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)