HORIZON PROJECT STATUS SUMMARY December 31, 2005 March 31, 2006 ----------------- -------------- Actual Plan Plan ------ ---- ---- Phase 1 - Work progress (cumulative) 19% 16% 22% Phase 1 - Construction capital spending (cumulative) 19% 20% 29%
Accomplished During the Fourth Quarter
- All project areas met their staffing requirements and overall progress for detailed engineering is on schedule.
- 3-D engineering design models are well advanced in most areas with some plant areas at the 90% model review stage.
- Hazard and Operability reviews were completed and findings have been incorporated into the plant designs.
- Total procurement progress is at C$3.8 billion in awarded contracts and purchase orders, with a further C$600 million in various stages of the tender process.
- Key purchase orders were awarded for various mechanical equipment (pumps and valves), fabricated pipe and steel.
- Several contracts were awarded for piling, foundations and miscellaneous earthworks.
- Module fabrication and assembly maintained schedule.
- Module transportation remains on schedule, in an environment of key transportation restrictions. A total of 88 oversized loads were transported to site by year end.
- As a direct result of Management's strong endorsement of safety awareness, on-site safety statistics and performance improved for the eleventh month in a row and are well below the Company's targets, benchmarked against other projects in the area.
- Mine overburden removal is 10% ahead of plan, with a total of 6.7 million bank cubic meters of material removed.
- Critical path underground piping was completed, prior to winter weather conditions.
- Completed expansion of Camp 1 to 2,000 people from 1,500.
- Progress on the second of three (2,000 person) camps is 72% complete.
- Coker foundations are complete and ready for Coke Drum installation by mid 2006.
- Earthwork for the raw water and recycle water pond systems commenced as scheduled.
- Naphtha Reactor, fabricated in India, arrived in the Ft McMurray staging area as scheduled.
- Extraction Separation Cell foundations were completed.
- Erection of the Separation Cells was started with over 80% of required materials on site.
- The Shop maintenance building was completed and ready for occupancy and the turnover of the Emergency Medical Services buildings to construction unit was completed. Turnover of the Fire Hall was deferred until February 1.
First Quarter 2006 Milestones
- Detailed engineering targeted to have completed at least 60% model reviews in all areas.
- Target the total awarded contracts and purchase orders to achieve C$4 billion.
- Complete transport of all four Coke Drums to plant site.
- Complete transport of Naphtha Reactor to site from staging area.
- Delivery of oversized loads to site targeted to reach 250.
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you