Helis Extends Contract for Atwood's Richmond in the Gulf of Mexico
Atwood Oceanics says that the Richmond's current contract with Helis Oil & Gas Company has been extended with an award of eight additional wells to be drilled in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Helis and Atwood have also agreed that the contract could be further extended by up to four wells subject to reaching mutual agreement on dayrate.
After completing the
drilling of the current well in progress, the rig will now have ten firm
wells to drill for Helis, which could take until May/June 2007 to complete.
The operating dayrate for the current and next two wells (expected to be
completed in May 2006) will be $45,000; while the dayrate for the additional
eight wells will be $80,000.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Helis Oil & Gas more info
- Atwood's Richmond Awarded One-Well Contract in GOM (Nov 30)
- Yuma Discovers Oil, Gas in West Black Bay Area (Apr 28)
- Coastal Caribbean to Abandon Montana Wells (Mar 08)