Statoil Awards FEED Contract to Aker Kvaerner for Gjoa Platform
A front-end engineering design (Feed) contract has been awarded by Statoil to Aker Kvaerner Engineering & Technology for a production platform on the Gjoa field in the North Sea.
Awarded on behalf of the Gjoa licensees, the contract is based on Statoil's recommended solution with a semisubmersible production platform tied back to subsea wells.
"Gjoa is a demanding project with marginal profitability," says Einar Erfjord, head of the Gjoa steering committee. "The partners have therefore carefully considered alternative development solutions for the field. The preliminary study is now being started to facilitate the possible submission of a plan for development and operation (PDO) to the Norwegian authorities in the autumn of 2006."
Statoil aims to start producing in 2010.
Proven in 1989, Gjoa lies in blocks 35/9 and 36/7 about 70 kilometers north of the Troll field.
Recoverable reserves are put at 60 million barrels of oil and condensate and 35 billion standard cubic meters of gas.
The partners are Gaz de France Norge with 30 percent, Petoro with 30 percent, Statoil with 20 percent, Shell with 12 percent and RWE Dea Norway with eight percent.
Statoil is the development operator for Gjoa, with Gaz de France scheduled to take over in the production phase.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)