Wood Group to Provide Commissioning Services for Tahiti Spar
Deepwater Specialists, a subsidiary of John Wood Group, has received a contract from Chevron USA Inc. to provide commissioning services for the Tahiti truss spar floating production facility.
The contract was awarded in two phases. Work on the first phase—development of commissioning plans, schedules and processes—has begun. It will be followed by the implementation of those plans and processes in phase 2: the onshore commissioning of the facility topsides in the fabrication yard and dynamic commissioning of all systems offshore.
"We are extremely pleased to have been selected to provide commissioning support for Chevron's Tahiti facility," stated David Landry, vice president of DSI. "Commissioning is a key stage that is critical to meeting performance goals right from the start of any project. DSI's extensive experience in deepwater commissioning helps to prove the integrity of operating and safety systems to ensure that both assets and personnel are protected, helping clients such as Chevron to mitigate start-up risks and avoid cost and schedule overruns."
The Tahiti facility will be located in approximately 4000 feet of water in the Gulf of Mexico about 190 miles southwest of New Orleans in Green Canyon 640.
Mustang Engineering, a Wood Group company, performed the front-end engineering design (FEED) and is in the process of performing detail design of the Tahiti topsides oil and gas processing facilities.
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)
Company: Deepwater Specialists more info
- Deepwater Specialists Appoints New President (Oct 16)
- DSI to Provide Commissioning Services For 2 Fixed Drilling Platforms (Apr 09)
- Deepwater Specialists Promotes Lambert to EVP (Mar 29)