First Africa Oil Begins Drilling at EOV Field Offshore Gabon
FirstAfrica Oil has spud its first well in the East Orovinyare Oil Field ("EOV Field") offshore Gabon. GlobalSantaFe's GSF Adriatic IX jackup is on location and has commenced drilling the EOV-4 appraisal/development well. The Company expects drilling and testing of EOV-4 to be completed by late February.
EOV-4 will be followed by three additional development wells to be drilled by GlobalSantaFe's Adriatic VI jackup which is due to arrive in the field in April 2006. Production is scheduled to commence in the 4th Quarter of 2006.
The Company expects to soon announce details relating to the financing of the drilling program.
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: FirstAfrica Oil more info
- BowLeven Posts Loss for Second Half 2006 (Mar 22)
- BowLeven: FirstAfrica Offer Unconditional (Jan 26)
- FirstAfrica and BowLeven Enter into Credit Facility (Dec 07)