NPD Ups Goliat Resource Estimate
Subsequent to the drilling of exploration well 7122/7-3, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has made an upward adjustment of the estimated proven resources in the Goliat discovery in production license 229. The new estimate indicates approximately 250 million barrels of oil equivalents, made up of approximately 75 percent oil and 25 percent gas. The resources in the Kobbe formation account for the largest portion of this estimate.
In addition to the fact that well 7122/7-3 proved considerably greater resources in the Goliat discovery, the discovery in the deeper formation is considered very positive, as it proves a previously unconfirmed petroleum potential in this part of the Hammerfest basin. The discovery could be significant for future exploration in adjacent parts of the Barents Sea.
Well 7122/7-3 was not production-tested, but extensive logging and core sampling have been done for further evaluation. Additional drilling is planned within the production license in 2006.
The Eirik Raude drilling facility will be taken over by Statoil for drilling of wildcat well 7227/11-1 S on the Uranus structure in production license 202.
Licensees in production license 229 are Eni Norge as operator with 65%; Statoil with 20% and DNO with 15%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)