PTTEP & Partners Strike on the Bir Seba Field in Algeria
PTTEP's Algerian subsidiary, PTTEP Algeria Co., Ltd. and partners PetroVietnam and Sonatrach have made an oil discovery on Blocks 433a and 416b in Algeria.
The appraisal well BRS-6bis was spudded on October 6, 2005. The well was drilled to a total depth of 3,937 meters. The final test confirms the hydrocarbon potential of Hamra Quartzite in Bir Seba structure with a maximum flow rate of 5,100 barrels of crude oil per day (44o API) and 4.8 million cubic feet of natural gas per day. This is a confirmation of Bir Seba oil discovery in the blocks 433a & 416b.
As a result of the successful test on BRS-6bis well, an aggressive and comprehensive appraisal plan is being prepared to bring the Bir Seba field into production program.
Participants are PTTEP Algeria Co., Ltd. with 35%; PetroVietnam with 40% and Sonatrach with 25%.
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)