Mustang Engineering Providing Detailed Design for Blind Faith Project

Mustang Engineering, a Wood Group subsidiary, is providing the detailed design package for the Blind Faith field development operated by Chevron. Mustang, having completed the pre-FEED and front-end engineering design (FEED) portion of the project, will design the topsides production facilities for the planned semi-submersible floating facility, which will be located on Mississippi Canyon Block 650, approximately 160 miles southeast of New Orleans in approximately 7,000 feet of water. The topsides are being designed for initial capacity of 45,000 BOPD and 45 MMscf/D gas, with provisions for expansion to accommodate future production increases. First oil is expected from the project during the first half of 2008. Chevron holds a 62.5 percent working interest in the field, while Kerr-McGee Corp. holds the remaining 37.5 percent interest.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Principal Technical Professional
Expertise: Cementing|Production Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Blow Out Prevention (BOP) Specialist
Expertise: Subsea Engineer|Subsea Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
United States Broussard: Senior Field Engineer - MWD/LWD
Expertise: Field Development
Location: Broussard, LA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $54.33/BBL 0.81%
Light Crude Oil : $51.5/BBL 1.29%
Natural Gas : $3.75/MMBtu 1.35%
Updated in last 24 hours