JDR Cable Wins First Order in Alternate Energy Market
JDR Cable Systems has won its first contract award for the Alternative Energy Sector. Talisman Energy (UK) Limited and Scottish and Southern Energy, co-venturers in the Beatrice Demonstration Project, awarded JDR the contract to design, manufacture and test two composite power cables required to control two jacket platform-based turbines linked back to the Talisman-operated Beatrice Platform in the UK North Sea.
The two composite bundles (970m & 1920m long) each comprise 3 phase 70 square millimeter 33kV power cores, data cables, back-up power cables and fiber optic communication cables. The bundles were engineered to give the smallest diameter while still maintaining the strength and weight required to suit the field installation and service conditions. The termination package includes JDR's in-house developed and designed high-strength flexible pull-in head.
"This award is significant for several reasons," stated Patrick Phelan, Managing Director of JDR's Oil & Gas Division. "Not only is this a major contract for JDR, giving us the opportunity to work with Talisman on this innovative deepwater Wind Farm project, but JDR sees this as its first step into a growth market. It is JDR's intention to become one of the industry leaders in offering technically advanced engineered solutions for the Alternative Energy sector."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: JDR Cable more info
- JDR Bags Subsea Deal from GE Oil & Gas for India's Vashishta & S1 Project (May 25)
- JDR Opens New Deepwater Quayside Facility at Hartlepool Dock in England (Jul 10)
- JDR Highest Ranked Original Equipment Manufacturer on UK's Top 100 (Feb 10)