SPS Receives Major Wellbore Assurance Contract
SPS, the leaders in Wellbore Assurance(TM), has been awarded a major contract with BHP Billiton to supply SPS proprietary wellbore preparation services for the "Neptune" Atwater Valley 574 Unit, a seven subsea well project in the Gulf of Mexico. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed. In addition to BHP Billiton, partners in Neptune include Marathon Oil Company, Woodside Energy (USA) Inc., a subsidiary of Woodside Petroleum Ltd., and Maxus (US) Exploration, a subsidiary of Repsol YPF.
David Barton, SPS Vice President Americas, said: "This contract is a further step in demonstrating that the industry is recognizing that the optimal preparation of the wellbore prior to the completion phase can save millions by reducing potential NPT and improving the effective productivity of the well. As the proven specialists in this field, we have a successful track record in deepwater and subsea completions and this is a contributing factor in being awarded contracts such as this in a fiercely competitive arena".
SPS provides displacement and mechanical wellbore cleanup systems that ensure that prior to the completion phase the wellbore is in optimal condition by being free of debris and any obstruction that might impair the setting of the completion assembly.
Wellbore Assurance is the critical bridge between drilling and completion which is required to optimize the wellbore before production; delivering significant savings and improved returns.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: SPS International more info
- BP Awards SPS a New Pan-European Contract (May 02)
- SPS Receives Major Wellbore Assurance Contract (Jan 10)
- Optimal Preparation of Wellbore Reduces Costs and Extends Life of Well (Dec 19)