Eni Confirms Potential of Goliat Field in Barents Sea
Eni is successfully continuing its exploration campaign in Barents Sea deepwater. The well 7122/7-3 has confirmed the potential of the Goliat field, located 85 km northwest of Hammerfest, Norway.
The well drilled to a total depth of 2,701 meters in 343 meters of water has found a total hydrocarbon thickness of 180 meters. Operations in Goliath field are managed by Eni (operator, 65%), Statoil (20%) and DNO (15%).
Following this successful exploration phase, Eni will perform a re-evaluation the Goliat area with the aim to start the commercial development of the field in full accordance with technical and environmental requirements. More drilling is scheduled for 2006.
Eni's exploration and production activities in Norway began
in 1964 with first production occurring in 1971 when partnering
in the Ekofisk field. Eni's current production of oil and
gas in Norway is 140,000 barrels of oil per day (boed).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)