Rockhopper Completes Farm-in for Falkland Island Licenses
Rockhopper Exploration plc announced on February 14, 2005, that the Company had agreed to farm in to Desire Petroleum plc's Falkland Islands licenses, PL003 and PL004.
The assignment of the 7.5% interest in the licenses has now been completed and Rockhopper now has a net interest in over 5900 square kilometers in the North Falklands Basin.
The Rockhopper Group started trading in February 2004 to invest in and carry out an offshore oil exploration program to the north of the Falkland Islands. The Group, which floated on AIM in August 2005, is currently the largest license holder in the North Falkland Basin. These licenses have been granted by the Falkland Islands government.
- Falkland Explorers Join Forces Ahead of New Drilling Round (Oct 03)
- Desire Granted Extension for Falkland License (Oct 31)
- Premier Oil Farms Into Rockhopper's Falklands Licenses (Jul 12)
Company: Rockhopper Exploration more info
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)