Veritas Wins Oman Seismic Contract
Veritas has been awarded a four-year land acquisition contract by Petroleum Development Oman (PDO).
The contract will consist of multiple surveys, both 2D and 3D, and will be performed across all types of terrain in PDO's concession area, predominantly utilizing Veritas' slip-sweep technology to maximize efficiency.
Robert Hobbs, President of Veritas' EAME division, stated, "this is a tremendous award, not only because it is an exciting and challenging four-year project for Veritas in Oman, but also because it is a renewal of our current contract. New awards are always welcome, but re-awards bring with them the added knowledge of confirming a job well-done."
Veritas' seismic acquisition experience in Oman goes back to the early 1980s.
- GFI Confirms 3-D Program Completed Over Kambuna (Mar 02)
- TG World Issues Update on Central North Slope Activities (Dec 26)
- Nido Runs into Mechanical Difficulties with Philippine 3D Survey (Nov 14)
Company: Petroleum Development Oman more info
- Oman Oil Firm Raises $4 Billion Loan for Projects (Jun 29)
- GlassPoint to Build Solar EOR Facility to Boost Oil Output at Oman Field (Jul 14)
- Petrofac Secures Services Contract with PDO in Oman (Jun 11)