Aker Kvaerner Awarded Maersk Deepwater Drilling Risers Contract
Maersk Contractors has awarded Aker Kvaerner Subsea a contract to deliver two deep water drilling risers, equipped with an industry leading connector technology. The contract is valued at US $32 million, excluding options, and positions Aker Kvaerner as one of the market leaders in riser technology.
The order is for two 2250 meter risers, with options for a third 2250 meter riser and optional additional length for each riser of 750 meters. The risers are designed to operate in water depth down to 3000 meters. The project will be managed by Aker Kvaerner Subsea's umbilical and riser group in Mobile, Alabama, USA, with the first riser to be delivered in January 2008, followed by delivery of the second riser in January 2009.
The CLIP riser connector is a proven technology in deep water. Aker Kvaerner has successfully delivered the CLIP riser technology to Pride and Global for deep water operations.
The CLIP riser connector was developed by IFP (Institut Francais du Petrol) in the mid 1980s. Aker Kvaerner has an exclusive license from IFP to sell, manufacture and deliver the CLIP system.
This contract was signed and booked in the fourth quarter of 2005.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)