Tap Oil Says Scalybutt Tie-in Complete
Tap Oil Says the tie-in of the Scalybutt-1H well to the Woollybutt production facilities is complete and the well has commenced flowing.
Initial flow rates are in line with expectation. The Scalybutt and Woollybutt production wells will be test flowed to determine optimized production rates before the expected return to operational flowing conditions from all three wells, namely Woollybutt-1H, 2H and Scalybutt 1H, next week.
The Woollybutt-5 appraisal well, located in permit WA-25-L and approximately 4 kilometers south of the Woollybutt-3A well, had drilled to 2,495 meters measured depth and is in the process of cementing 9 5/8" casing immediately above the target reservoir and preparing to drill ahead to the planned total depth of 2,875 meters.
The drilling operations are proceeding according to the revised plan and the well is expected to take approximately three more days to reach total depth.
WA-25-L Joint Venture participants are Eni Australia Ltd as operator with 65%; Tap West Pty Ltd with 15.00% and Mobil Australia Resource Co Pty Ltd with 20.00%.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)