Falcon Natural Gas Begins Work on Gemini Prospect
Falcon Natural Gas, with Bayou City Exploration has begun the first well in their planned drilling project. The Gemini Prospect is located in southwest Louisiana just north of the town of Iowa, and will target the Miocene and Miocene Amph B Sands intervals, which have regional track records of excellent production. Total drilling depth is expected to reach 3,850 feet. A pipeline is located nearby, and no surface issues are expected.
The trade terms with Bayou City Exploration, Inc. (BCE's) Jeff David Parish Prospects, including Gemini Prospect and Zodiac II Prospect, Falcon has agreed to purchase 25.0% of the working interest from BCE. In exchange Falcon will pay 33.33% of all well costs to casing point on the initial well drilled on each prospect and its proportionate share of all G&G costs, third party prospect fees, land brokerage costs, lease bonus and all other similar costs associated with the prospect.
The drilling area in southwest Louisiana was chosen because
of its location within one of the largest natural gas producing
areas of North America. The comprehensive pipeline infrastructure
and enormous industrial resources make it an ideal drilling
- Falcon Reports First Gas from Garrett 1-27 (Dec 27)
- Falcon Natural Gas Completes Pecan Station North Prospect (Jun 07)
- Falcon Natural Gas Completes First Well on Norman Prospect (May 19)
Company: Bayou City Exploration more info
- Bayou City Names Interim Chief, Announces Houston Office Closure (Apr 05)
- Bayou City Completes Acquisition in McCampbell (Jan 19)
- Petro Resources Issues Ops Update (Dec 28)