WorleyParsons JV Wins EPCM Contract for Angel Field Platform
WorleyParsons announces that Eos, its joint venture with KBR, has been awarded the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management contract for the Angel gas and condensate production platform by Woodside Energy, operator of the North West Shelf Venture. The contract is a key part of the development of the Angel gas field off Karratha in Western Australia.
The award follows the recent announcement by the North West Shelf Venture participant companies of their final investment decision to proceed with the A$1.6 billion investment in the Angel development.
Eos recently completed the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) for the Angel platform which will be located in 80 meters of water; approximately 49km east of the Venture's exiting North Rankin production facility.
Hydrocarbons will be produced through a processing unit with a capacity of up to 800 million standard cubic feet of gas per day and up to 50,000 barrels of condensate per day.
The Angel platform topsides will weigh approximately 7,000 tons and the jacket substructure will weigh approximately 7,500 tons. The jacket will be secured to the seabed by eight piled foundations weighing more than 3,000 tons.
The Angel facilities are expected to be installed and fully operational by Q4 2008.
WorleyParsons Chief Executive Officer, Mr. John Grill, said:
"We are delighted to be involved in this third major offshore production platform for the North West Shelf Venture. This award further grows WorleyParsons' portfolio of large EPCM contracts and builds on the continuing strong relationship between WorleyParsons and the Venture – which includes current work on the LNG Phase V development."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)