Revus Energy Pre-Qualified as Operator on Norwegian Continental Shelf
Revus Energy ASA has received a notification letter from the Norwegian Ministry of Oil and Energy confirming that the company has been pre-qualified as operator on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The process has involved evaluation of the company's technical competence as well as competence and systems related to managing health, safety and environment. With this prequalification Revus will be eligible to be approved as operator of licenses acquired through the licensing rounds and this has already been demonstrated through the award of one operated license in the recently announced APA 2005.
"This is a tremendous achievement and the result of hard work from our staff", says Tim Sullivan, CEO of Revus. "To pre-qualify as operator has been demanding and particularly so for a young company like Revus. It is an essential part of our strategy to build our organizational capability in parallel with building the portfolio of opportunities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and this is therefore clearly a milestone for us."
In the APA 2005 Revus was awarded 40% interest and operatorship of PL 378, blocks 35/12 and 36/10. This is located 10km east of the recent Astero discovery and includes numerous interesting leads and prospects.
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)