Technip to Transfer Assets to Gulf Island Fabricators
Technip says that its U.S. affiliate, Technip-Coflexip USA Holdings, Inc., executed an asset purchase agreement with Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. whereby Technip will sell to a Gulf Island Fabrication subsidiary the facilities, machinery and equipment of Gulf Marine Fabricators, a Technip affiliate located near Corpus Christi, Texas. In return, Technip will receive consideration of around $80 million: $40.0 million in cash and a minority ownership stake in Gulf Island Fabrication through the issuance of a fixed number of its common shares valued at approximately $40.0 million (based upon the common share price of $25.17, the weighted average closing price over a twenty trading-day period ending on December 19, 2005).
This transaction will become effective subject to the satisfaction of closing conditions and a successful Hart-Scott-Rodino review.
The parties have also entered into a cooperation agreement to work together on mutually agreed-upon EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) projects. The cooperation agreement will become effective upon the closing of the asset transfer and should provide Technip with continued access to the services of this fabrication facility.
- Gulf Island Fabrication Signs LOI for GOM Hull Fabrication Proj. (Apr 29)
- Gulf Island Fabrication Inks Fabrication, Integration Contract in GOM (Nov 23)
- Gulf Island Marine to Build Offshore Support Vessels in Iraq (Mar 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)