J. Ray McDermott to Fabricate Additional Structures for Saudi Aramco
J. Ray McDermott has been awarded additional work by Saudi Aramco to fabricate, transport, and install 16 additional jackets for the Maintain Potential project for the Berri, Marjan, Maharah, Safaniya, and Zuluf fields, offshore Saudi Arabia. The work is an extension to the contract J. Ray was awarded in August to fabricate and install five wellhead platforms for the Maintain Potential project.
"The facilities cater to Aramco's accelerated drilling and production efforts in the region," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray. "We are pleased to be awarded this contract extension, based on our proven track record of quality services."
Under the contract, J. Ray will perform construction engineering, partial procurement and fabrication of the jackets and drill decks at its Jebel Ali yard. The project will be carried out in two phases, the first of which is scheduled for completion in October 2006. During this phase J. Ray will carry out fabrication, transportation, and installation of 11 jackets with four 42" diameter piles in each jacket.
The second phase will involve construction of the remaining five jackets. The contract completion is scheduled for July 2007. The offshore installation work will be shared between J. Ray's marine vessels DB27 and DB26.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)