Subsea 7 Wins Installation Project in Gulf of Mexico
Subsea 7 has been awarded a subsea installation contract with a value of approximately US $40 million from Anadarko Petroleum and Dominion Exploration & Production, Inc. for work related to the Independence Hub project in the eastern Gulf of Mexico.
The contract is for the installation of the control system umbilicals, hardware, and flying leads for the tie back of seven fields consisting of a total of eleven umbilicals totaling over 106 miles in length. The scope also includes the ancillary equipment including the installation of three manifolds, eighteen jumpers, and seventeen flying leads.
The installation will take place around Mississippi Canyon 920 in the Gulf of Mexico working in water depths in the region of 8,000 to 9,000 feet. The offshore campaign is scheduled for mid to late 2006 utilising one of Subsea 7's deepwater construction support vessels.
Subsea 7's vice president Gulf of Mexico, Craig Broussard commented, "We are pleased to be selected as one of Anadarko's lead installation contractors for this challenging scope of work, which is yet another in a list of deepest firsts for Subsea 7. At 9000 feet this will be the deepest operating development in the world. In addition our commitment to this project for the second half of 2006 reinforces Subsea 7's undertaking to provide state of the art assets for our deepwater clients in the Gulf of Mexico".
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)