Santos to P&A Firebird-1 Well
The Firebird 1 exploration well in JPDA 03-12 has been drilled to a total depth of 3675 meters and will now be plugged and abandoned.
The well intersected hydrocarbons in both the primary and secondary objectives and confirmed the stratigraphic potential of the play.
Flow tests were conducted however commercial rates were not established over the intervals tested. JPDA 03-12 is located in the Australia – Timor Leste Petroleum Joint Development Area and is 19 kilometers from the Bayu-Undan development in the Timor Sea, northern Australia.
The participants in JPDA 03-12 are Santos (JPDA 91-12) Pty Ltd with 21.4%; ConocoPhillips (03-12) Pty Ltd as operator with 42.4%; Inpex Sahul, Ltd with 21.2%; Petroz (Timor Sea) Pty Ltd with 13.4% and Emet Pty. Ltd. with 1.6%
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)