Venture Drilling Receives LOI for Deep Venture
Venture Drilling AS (a company owned 50/50 by Sinvest ASA and Petrolia Drilling ASA) and Premium Drilling have agreed to a Letter of Intent with a major operator for a drilling contract in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract term is for a period of three years commencing, upon completion of the ongoing re-activation, during the third quarter of 2006. The drilling contract will be performed by Premium Drilling, Inc.
The Valentin Shashin (to be renamed Deep Venture) is a Gusto design Dynamically Positioned drill-ship built by Rauma Repola (Finland) in 1981. The Valentin Shashin was extensively upgraded during 1998 including enhanced stability and load capacity for deepwater operations. Drilling equipment was refurbished and new equipment was installed including top drive, crown mounted compensator, iron roughneck, additional riser tensioners and installation of a third mud pump. The vessel is currently outfitted for operations in water depths up to 4,200 ft.
The ongoing re-activation work entails re-installation of equipment removed from the vessel, classification work as well as adding a full size (18 3/4" - 10k) blowout preventer purchased by the company for this purpose.
The estimated contract value is approximately US $290 million.
- RPT-Dubai's Drydocks World Signs $730 Mln North Sea Rig Deal (Jan 13)
- Venture Drilling, Russian Co Renegotiate Bareboat Agreement for Drillship (Jun 11)
- International Drilling Contractor Buys Petrorig I for $450MM (Mar 27)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)
Company: Sinvest ASA more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Fourth Sinvest Jackup Drilling Rig (Oct 17)
- Chevron Contracts Deep Driller 2 for Operations Offshore Thailand (Dec 27)
- Keppel On Track to Deliver Another Super B Jackup (Jun 18)