Clough Wins NWS Venture Jetty Expansion Contract
Clough Limited and joint venture partner Interbeton bv have received a letter of intent from Woodside Energy Ltd., operator of the North West Shelf Venture to construct a second LNG loading berth at its Karratha onshore gas plant in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The jetty extension contract, which is worth about A$100 million, is part of the Venture's phase V LNG expansion project.
The jetty project will be undertaken by an equal joint venture between Clough and Netherlands-based company Interbeton, part of the Royal BAM Group, one of Europe's largest construction groups. The joint venture continues a 40-year partnership between Clough and Interbeton which has included the construction of the original condensate dolphin berth and LNG loadout jetty for the NWS Venture in the 1980s.
David Singleton, CEO and Managing Director of Clough Limited said, "We have had a long and successful history with Interbeton, one which we are keen to develop further.
"Clough believes that the agreed contracting strategy will deliver this project to the benefit of all stakeholders, considering the heated construction market in Australia and globally right now," Mr Singleton said.
The 15 month jetty contract is due to expire in 2007. The project team is currently mobilising in Perth. All construction activities will be performed from the Interbeton supplied IB909 jack up barge. The IB909 is currently being mobilized from Europe and will be in Dampier by late February 2006.
Located at Withnell Bay near Dampier in Western Australia, the extension to the existing marine terminal will provide an additional new berth for LNG tankers with capacities of up to 145,000 cubic meters.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: Interbeton more info
- Clough Wins NWS Venture Jetty Expansion Contract (Dec 16)