Kongsberg Signs Simulator Contract with Maersk
Maersk Contractors Norge has, on behalf of Marathon Petroleum Norge AS, awarded Kongsvberg a contract for delivery of a customized operator training simulator (OTS) for the Alvheim FPSO project.
The customized OTS will allow process training to take place, before, during and after first oil production. Potentially the OTS is a powerful tool in assisting delivery of first year operability targets. There are at least three main areas where the OTS may deliver significant production benefit:
- Reduced unplanned shutdowns during start-up
- Reduced unplanned shutdowns during routine operations
- Improve ability to manage the field during shutdowns
The OTS will consist of a comprehensive customized dynamic process model based on ASSETT. The ASSETT process model will be configured based on the project specific data from the Alvheim FPSO project. The OTS will also include real Kongsberg AIM operator stations, and the control system logic which have been configured for the Alvheim FPSO project.
"We are very pleased that Maersk Contractors and Marathon have selected the ASSETT dynamic process simulation technology for this project. The market for dynamic process simulation is currently very strong. It seems that the market is now seeing the advantage of using dynamic process simulation for engineering studies, test of control system logic and for operator training. We have continuously improved our ASSETT simulation technology so we can provide to the market customised process models very effectively and with short delivery time", comments Sales Manager for Process Simulation Kurt Roger Sivertsen.
Alvheim lies on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, west of Heimdal, in production license PL 203. The water depth is 125 meters. The field is operated by Marathon (65%) on behalf of ConocoPhillips (20%) and Lundin Petroleum (15%).
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)