Antrim Energy Says Clachnaben Well a Duster
Antrim has been informed by Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd. (Operator) that drilling operations have been concluded on the Clachnaben well, Block 211/22a in the UK North Sea. Interpretation of the data received to-date indicates that hydrocarbons are not present in commercial quantities. Antrim has agreed with the operator that the well should be plugged and abandoned. As reported in March 2005, Antrim farmed out its interest in this well to Dana in return for a minority interest in the license.
The Clachnaben drilling result does not reduce the prospectivity of Antrim's nearby Causeway prospect, in which Antrim holds a majority interest.
Antrim's third well in its 2005 North Sea drilling program, "Bennachie" operated by
Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited, is currently drilling in Block 21/15a.
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)