Faroe Petroleum to Farm-in to Brugdan Well
Faroe Petroleum will participate in the Brugdan well which is to be drilled during summer 2006 on License 006 in the Faroes.
As license-holder in four further Faroese licenses, Faroe Petroleum will gain access to significant new geological data from this first sub-basalt well to be drilled offshore the Faroes. Faroe Petroleum has secured the opportunity to participate on favorable terms, and will hold a 4.04 percent equity stake in the license.
The existing participants in License 006 are Statoil Faeroyene A/S (operator), Shell (Enterprise Oil Exploration Limited) and Dong Foroyar P/F.
Graham Stewart, Chief Executive of Faroe Petroleum, said:
"We are very pleased to be participating in the Brugdan well project. It will give us high impact exposure at low cost and will significantly help us to unlock the regional geology to the benefit of our other higher equity Faroes licenses."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)
Company: Enterprise Oil Exploration more info
- Providence Sees More Gas Potential off Ireland's West Coast (Apr 19)
- Statoil Upgrades Reserves at Kvitebjorn (Feb 10)
- Faroe Petroleum to Farm-in to Brugdan Well (Dec 08)