ExxonMobil Gets Green Light for Ringhorne East Development
The Norwegian Government has approved the plan for development and operation of the 25/8-14 S Ringhorne Øst oil discovery.
ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway is operator for the development, and has prepared the plan on behalf of the licensees.
Ringhorne Øst is an oil discovery near Balder in the North Sea, about 160 km west of Karmøy. The discovery was proven in 2003, and the plan calls for development by means of four production wells drilled from the existing Ringhorne platform. If pressure support is necessary, two water injection wells will also be drilled from Ringhorne. The produced volumes will be transferred to the Balder ship for processing. Ringhorne Øst is expected to come on stream in the first half of 2006.
Investments associated with the development of Ringhorne Øst will amount to about one billion NOK. The Ringhorne Øst reservoir contains oil with associated gas. Anticipated recoverable reserves are 7.5 million standard cubic meters of oil and 0.3 billion standard cubic meters of gas. The other licensees are Norsk Hydro Produksjon, Petoro and Statoil.
The Ringhorne Øst development is located in two production licenses. The licensees in production licenses 027 and 169 have entered into a unitization agreement for production of the Ringhorne Øst deposit.
"Ringhorne Øst entails new oil and gas production that will ensure extension of the production plateau in an area on the Norwegian shelf where there have been petroleum activities for many years. This means that Ringhorne Øst can make use of existing infrastructure in the area. In addition, this is a good example of a project with rapid progress from discovery to approved development plan," says Kathy Pepper, Managing Director of ExxonMobil in Norway in a press release from the company.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)