Woodside Sells Stake in Blacktip and Penguin to Eni
Woodside Petroleum reports that its wholly owned subsidiary, Woodside Energy Ltd., has agreed to sell its Blacktip and Penguin interests in northern Australia to Eni Australia BV.
Effective from 1 December 2005, Eni will buy Woodside's interest in WA-279-P (53.85%), containing the Blacktip gas field, and WA-313-P (50%) containing the Penguin field.
In addition, Eni will acquire Woodside's interest in WA-34-R containing the Rubicon and Prometheus fields. The sale of WA-34-R is subject to the consent of other joint venturers.
The sale of Woodside's interests in all permits is subject to approval by Australian regulatory authorities.
Total consideration for all three interests is US$30 million.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)