New Zealand Issues Tui Area Mining Permit
The New Zealand Government has issued a Petroleum Mining Permit, PMP 38158 ("PMP") for the Tui Area oil development project.
The issuance of this permit provides the formal government approval of the development plan for the Tui Area oil project. The permit gives title to the Tui joint venture partners over all hydrocarbons produced from the permit area (subject to a Crown royalty) during the permit term, which has been set at 20 years.
The PMP area of 504 square kilometers covers not only the three oil fields (Tui, Amokura and Pateke) but also a number of satellite exploration targets, including the Tieke and Taranui prospects. As part of the agreed PMP work program, the Tui Joint Venture has committed to drill two of these exploration prospects. It is anticipated that this drilling will be conducted in conjunction with the drilling of the four Tui Area development wells, in the summer of 2006-07.
In the event of exploration success, the Tui facilities have been designed to accommodate the rapid tie-in of additional fields.
Participants in PMP 38158 are New Zealand Overseas Petroleum Limited as operator with 45%; AWE New Zealand Pty Limited with 20.0%; Mitsui E&P New Zealand Limited with 12.5%; Stewart Petroleum Company Limited (NZOG) with12.5%; and WM Petroleum Limited (Pan Pacific) with the remaining10.0%.
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Stewart Petroleum more info
- AWE Announces Reserves Growth at Tui Fields (Jun 23)
- Cleanup Along Taranaki Coast Completed (Nov 06)
- AWE Works with New Zealand Authorities on Taranaki Incident (Oct 25)