Korndorffer Wins Engineering Contract for Newfield's First UK Project
Korndorffer Contracting International, a subsidiary of John Wood Group, has been awarded the detailed design work for the topsides and pipelines of Newfield Petroleum's first project in the UKCS, its Grove platform located in the Southern Gas Basin, 133 kilometers east of Great Yarmouth and 6 kilometers west of the UK/Dutch median line. The Grove platform will be the refurbished former Camelot CB platform. First production is expected by October 2006.
Based in Rotterdam, KCI has specialized in design engineering for oil and gas clients in the Netherlands. Since its acquisition by Wood Group in 2003, KCI and Wood Group Engineering (North Sea) have been jointly concentrating on the development of more inventive technical solutions. This has led to the award of engineering design work by several major operators in the UKCS.
"We are delighted to be given the opportunity to apply innovative methods to this new development and we see it as an important milestone underpinning the strategic development of KCI in the UKCS," said Wim Komdorffer, Managing Director of KCI.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Korndorffer Contracting International more info
- Korndorffer Wins Engineering Contract for Newfield's First UK Project (Nov 28)