Kongsberg to Supply ASSETT Simulator for Heidrun Field
Statoil has awarded Kongsberg a contract for delivery of an Engineering and Control System Test Simulator for the Heidrun oil and gas field in the North Sea. The simulator is due for delivery in October 2006.
The dynamic simulator will be used by Statoil for providing operational support to the Heidrun field. All changes in the process and the safety and automation system will be tested on the ASSETT dynamic simulator prior to installation offshore.
The simulator will consist of a comprehensive customized dynamic process model based on ASSETT. The ASSETT model will be fully integrated with the Kongsberg AIM Safety and Automation System. As an option it can be extended into an Operator Training simulator. In this way, it will be used for all 4 elements of the ASSETT Life-cycle simulation concept: Engineering – Control System Test – Operator Training – Operation Support.
"We see the award of the Heidrun contract as a confirmation of the success of the recently delivered Åsgard B (2004) and Kristin (2005) life-cycle simulators," comments Sales Manager for Process Simulation in Norway Chris Ruigrok of Kongsberg.
Øystein Sørensen at Statoil says that, "Statoil has ordered the Engineering Simulator for Heidrun, in order to have an operation support simulator that will be used to:
- Increase the understanding of process interactions and dynamics
- Development and verification of process design
- Development and verification of control strategies (both basic control and advanced process control
- Evaluation of start-up and shut-down procedures
- Optimization of the operation
- Bottleneck analysis
- Troubleshooting and evaluation of operational problems
- Verification of future changes regarding to modifications."
Heidrun in the Norwegian Sea has been producing oil and gas since October 1995. The field has been developed with a floating concrete tension leg platform. Oil from the field is primarily shipped by shuttle tanker to Statoil's Mongstad crude oil terminal near Bergen. Gas is exported to Tjeldbergodden in mid-Norway and to Dornum in Germany through Kårstø north of Stavanger. Current production is 142,000 b/d of oil and 1.3 MSm3/d of gas. The operational support base for Heidrun is based in Stjørdal near Trondheim. This is also the home base for the Åsgard A, Åsgard B and Kristin fields.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)